Social Work Practice in Healthcare Advanced Approaches and Emerging Trends 1st Edition Allen – Test Bank
Chapter 4: Healthcare Social Work Practice Skills and Competencies
1. Practicing healthcare social work at the macro level includes __________________________. a. Individual and family counseling
b. Case management
c. Leading groups
*d. Assisting in the educational preparation of social workers for health practice.
@ Cognitive domain: Comprehension; Answer location: Definition Of Healthcare Social Work Practice; Question type: MC
2. Healthcare social work practice differs from other areas of social work practice ___________________.
a. Because it is practiced in a host setting
b. Because practitioners rarely meet with clients for more than one encounter
*c. Because it is more costly
d. Because its practitioners are not held accountable
@ Cognitive domain: Analysis; Answer location: Definition Of Healthcare Social Work Practice: Question type: MC
3. Over the past 20 years, there has been a dramatic shift from hospital-based care to care provided in the home or community. Which factor is responsible for this shift?
*a. Evolving technologies
b. A younger population needing more services c. HIPAA
d. Patient preference
@ Cognitive domain: Analysis; Answer location: The Roles And Functions Of Healthcare Social Work Practice; Question type: MC
4. Mark works for a large hospital system. His patient has multiple physical and mental health issues. Mark is assisting with the patient’s discharge planning. Mark contacts the patient’s family, his primary care physician, and the local mental health center to help develop a plan to ensure the patient has follow-up care and support. Mark is practicing __________________________.
*a. Transitional care planning
Allen, Social Work Practice in Healthcare Instructor Resource
b. Active surveillance
c. High-risk screening
d. Personalized medicine
@ Cognitive domain: Application; Answer location: Care (Case) Coordinator/Manager Question type: MC
5. Kara works for the case management department of a community hospital as a transitional care manager. While Kara is employed by the hospital, she must work with other providers within her organization and providers from other organizations. This ____________________ requires that she have relationship skills, the ability to strategize, and knowledge of other community resources.
a. High-risk screening *b. Boundary spanning
c. Focus on public health
d. Intradisciplinary teamwork
@ Cognitive domain: Comprehension; Answer location: Care (Case) Coordinator/Manager Question type: MC
6. Carol meets monthly as a facilitator with the ALS support group. Her role is to combine emotional support with disease- and treatment-related information. Carol is providing _________________________.
a. Case management
b. Transitional care management
*c. Psychoeducational group leadership
@ Cognitive domain: Application; Answer location: Counselor/Therapist: Question type: MC