Single Subject Research Applications in Educational and Clinical Settings, 2nd Edition by Richards – Test Bank
Richards/Taylor/Ramasamy/Richards, Single Subject Research: Application in Educational and Clinical Settings, 2nd Edition
Chapter 1 2
Chapter 2 4
Chapter 3 6
Chapter 4 8
Chapter 5 10
Chapter 6 (no questions) N/A
Chapter 7 12
Chapter 8 (no questions) N/A
Chapter 9 14
Chapter 10 (no questions) N/A
Chapter 11 16
Chapter 12 (no questions) N/A
Chapter 13 18
Chapter 1: Historical Aspects and Important Concepts in Single-Subject Research
- In a single-subject design, the _______________ variable is used to encourage (or maintain) change in behavior.
- What is the name of the phase in a study that measures the target behavior before the implementation of an intervention?
A. Baseline Phase
B. Follow-up Phase
C. Changing Phase
D. Intervention Phase
- In a single-subject design, the ________________ variable is used to determine the changes in the target behavior.
- What phase is intended to measure the effects of the independent variable on the dependent variable over time and following the achievement of the criterion for the dependent variable?
A. Starting Phase
B. Follow-up Phase
C. Superlative Phase
D. Baseline Phase
- What refers to a believable demonstration that events controlled by the researcher account for the presence or absence of the behavior in question?
- What are notations used for in a single-subject design?
A. Used to demonstrate how an intervention works
B. Used as decoration for the phases
C. Used to label certain phases or aspects of a design
D. Used to denote changes in the dependent variable
- What does IDEA stand for?
A. Individuals with Disturbances Education Act
B. Infants who are Disabled Education Act
C. Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
C. Individuals with Direct Education Act
- What do broken vertical lines depict in a graph?
A. A change in independent variable
B. A complete phase change
C. The end of the phases
D. A change in the dependent variable
- What type of graph is more typically used to depict the quantitative data collected in single-subject research?
A. Intervention graph
B. X-Y line graph
C. Bar graph
- How does a follow-up phase strengthen a study?
A. Demonstrates the effectiveness of an intervention over time
B. Gives the researcher ideas to implement in their next design
C. Provides social and ecological validities for the study
D. Both A and C