Medical Surgical Nursing Critical Thinking in Client Care Single Volume 4th Edition By Priscilla T LeMone -Test Bank
1. MC A 79-year-old client is planning to have a laminectomy. In which of the following healthcare settings is this client most likely going to have this procedure?
A.An ambulatory care center
B.*An acute care hospital
C.An outpatient clinic
D.A skilled nursing facility
2. MC The nurse is teaching a group of clients at a senior center about ways to reduce their blood pressure through exercise and recreation. What type of care is this nurse is providing?
3. MC The nurse is considering working as a community-based nurse. The nurse knows this is a role that may have many contributing factors for providing care. Which of the following factors may affect the health of a community? (Select all that apply.)
C.*Social support systems
E.*Community healthcare structure
4. MC The home care nurse is planning to visit a client who is on Medicare. The nurse realizes that care can be provided if:
A. The home meets safety standards.
B.*The client is considered homebound.
C. The client can use a wheelchair.
D. The client lives alone.
5. MC After mass on Sunday the nurse is measuring blood pressures in the church greeting room. This nurse is most likely practicing:
B.A Sunday daycare program.
C. The first steps to a health care clinic.
D.Scheduling parishioners for Meals-on-Wheels.
6. MC The client is in need of home care, is on oxygen therapy, is weak from surgery, has a small surgical incision, and needs to increase activity to gain independence. Which of the following home care providers will the nurse most likely suggest for this client?
7. MC Upon discharge from an acute care facility, the client is referred to the hospital’s home healthcare agency. This client will be receiving services from which of the following types of agencies?