Maders Understanding Human Anatomy and Physiology 8th Edition by Susannah Longenecker – Test Bank
Chapter 03 Cell Structure and Function
1. Small structures that compartmentalize the cell for the various cellular activities are
2. The gelatinous supporting material of a cell is the
A. plasma membrane.
3. Which of the following types of cells are anucleated when mature?
A. Liver cells
B. Skin cells
D. Skeletal muscle cells
4. Semipermeable membrane means that half the amount of a substance can pass through the plasma membrane.
5. The plasma membrane consists primarily of
A. phospholipids and proteins.
B. sugars and starchs.
C. phospholipids and sugars.
D. sugars and proteins.
6. The chemical nature of phospholipids will cause them to form a single layer in a water environment.
7. The plasma membrane is a solid that holds the contents inside the cell.
8. The movement of protein molecules within the phospholipid bilayer is described by the
A. fluid mosaic model.
B. lipid mosaic model.
C. protein-lipid mosaic model.
D. cholesterol mosaic model.